Q:How can I remove the search box in the header navigation bar?A:Open your Admin. Point
your cursor at the Tools menu. Choose the Layout Boxes Controller. Find
the search_header.php, turn both switches to off.
I'm very very new to zen cart and having a few problems. What I'm
trying to do is create a navigation bar across the top of the page(in
between the top header and a banner i wish to put below it) I've read
through the FAQ's and looked on the forum but with the small amount of
knowledge i have it's quite hard to understand. Is there a template out
there that will let me edit it from the admin section? or will i have
to create it from scratch. Any help will be apreachiated but until i
get the feel for things simple (like i feel) would be appreciated.
Thanks Andy (zen idiot)
A:If you are looking to have the cart navigation in across the top you
can enable this in the admin > configuration > Layout Settings
> Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF
If you want a custom nav bar you can add the correct code to the css file.
What you are calling a banner below the header might be easiest to use
the ezpages in the admin and select the correct location and type
Q:How do I turn off Reviews and/or Tell A Friend?roduct Information Pages
You can enable/disable various options at the per-product-type level:
1. Open your Admin.
2. Put the cursor over Catalog on the top menu.
3. Choose Product Types from the dropdown.
4. Choose Products General (or the product type you are customizing).
5. Click Edit Layout and turn off any settings you do not want to display.
settings for Reviews and Tell-A-Friend on this screen are related to
the corresponding buttons that appear on the product-information page
(for each product).
To turn off/on the Reviews and/or Tell-A-Friend sideboxes:
1. Open your Admin.
2. Put the cursor over Tools on the top menu.
3. Choose "Layout Boxes Controller" from the pulldown menu
4. You may turn various boxes off/on by editing a particular entry, making the changes, and saving the settings.